Friday, July 27, 2012

Recipe - 60 second Chocolate Frosty (paleo friendly)

Who doesn't love a good chocolate frosty from Wendy's? They're so creamy and chocolatey! Well I came across this paleo friendly version of the chocolate frosty with substantially less calories and sugar. It claims to be a 60 second frosty, but it takes me a bit longer to get it all in the blender and blend it up. Maybe you get faster the more you make it? I may have to test that. Without further ado, here is the recipe:

60 second Chocolate Frosty
Makes approximately 10 ounces.

Ingredients:

  • 8-9 cubes of frozen almond milk (unsweetened)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 3 Tbsp stevia (or to taste)
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients to blender.
  2. Blend for 30-60 seconds or until smooth
  3. Enjoy!

***Changes I made***
  • The one and only change I made is I substituted 1/4 cup of unsweetened Coconut milk for the heavy whipping cream.


My thoughts:
Love it! If you're a fan of the regular frosty, I highly recommend trying this! It's such a quick and easy treat to throw together. My four year old approves as well, that's always a plus. If you try it let me know your thoughts.

Yours In Health,
Steven

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to see the clickable link above, but here is the blog that I got this recipe from: http://satisfyingeats.blogspot.com/2012/05/60-second-chocolaty-frosty.html

    ReplyDelete