Friday, November 18, 2011

Recipe - Spinach Shake

I got the following recipe from Drew Manning, a personal trainer who took on the unbelievable challenge of actually becoming obese just to become fit once again. To learn more about Drew and his amazing feat click here.

Spinach Shake
Serves: 2          Total Time: approximately 5 minutes

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 Handful of spinach
  • 1/2 Banana
  • 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein (whey or soy)
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 3 handfuls of ice

INSTRUCTIONS:
Pretty simple, combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
The nutrients were figured for how I made it. I substituted 3/4 cup of skim milk for the almond milk and I used soy protein.
Calories: 242, Fat: 9g, Total Carbohydrates: 24g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 18g



My Attempt:
















Comments: The picture quality isn't very good, I apologize, but the shake was a greenish color. Don't be fooled by the color though, this shake was delicious! I personally thought it was a little too sweet so I may try it again with a little less peanut butter, but all in all it was a winner. My three year old even loved it, so if you're searching for a way to sneak more veggies into your toddler give it a try! I would love to hear your thoughts on it as well. Post them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment